If you are into record buying or collecting, then you should be very familiar with the upcoming event, Record Store Day. Now in its sixth year, Record Store Day is a communal event which sees record enthusiasts from all over the world gathering at their local record stores to collect new and old records alike.
On April 20th, World Record Store Day will kick off! It’s a great chance for all you vinyl lovers out there to get your hands on some great one-off deals available only on that day. With newly appointed RSD ambassador, Jack White, to head-up the event, the idea of buying records is becoming increasingly popular! And why shouldn’t it? It has seen a continuing resurgence and rise in sales over the last 5 years!
One highly anticipated release at this year’s RSD is Grouplove, Frightened Rabbit and Manchester Orchestra’s collaborative singles “Architect” and “Make It To Me.” This is quite a special collaboration, and judging by the sound of the singles already streaming on Soundcloud, we can’t wait to hear them on the unmatched sound quality of vinyl!
Here’s just a small list of some of the upcoming releases that you can expect to see on April 20th:
– Foals will release “My Number” and the unreleased track “Bluebird” on 7″
– Mumford & Sons are releasing a brand new live EP, Live at Bull Moose, which will be available in limited copies on both vinyl and CD
– Tame Impala will release 2008 self-titled EP, Tame Impala, on 7″
– Surfer Blood will unveil their two new tracks, “Demon Dance” and “Weird Shapes”
– Scottish electro-pop trio, CHVRCHES, will release a limited edition version of their recently released EP, Recover
– James Blake’s “Retrograde” will see a limited edition 12″ release
– Gorillaz‘ track “Do Ya Thing (feat. André 3000 & James Murphy)” will be available on a limited-edition 10″
– The Stooges and The Black Keys are releasing a split 7” vinyl featuring the 1969 classic “No Fun” and The Black Keys’ 2002 cover
– The White Stripes will re-release their breakthrough record Elephant in a limited edition 2 LP set
– Best Coast will finally release the full version of “Fear Of My Identity,” a song that was briefly heard on Clarks Originals’ website earlier this year
– Indie Current favourite, Mikky Ekko, will release “Pull Me Down” and his cover The xx‘s “Chained” on 7”
– Rhye will give us their fantastic single “Open” on 12”
There are countless more releases I haven’t even mentioned that will also be available, including singles from Jimi Hendrix and re-releases from Linkin Park, to new music from Pulp, David Bowie, and further releases from The Notorious B.I.G, Peace, Sigur Rós, Paul McCartney, Ultravox, The Walkmen and Caribou. The list is endless! If you’re interested to find out more on RSD, or are looking for more details on participating locations and a list of exclusive releases, visit the official RSD website [here].